Terms and Conditions
- Membership is open to all persons and organizations who are, are planning to be, or refer to themselves in some way as an Assistant or a Client.
B. MEMBERSHIP FEES
- Membership fees will be paid by credit card or bank transfer via the ways indicated on AVA’s website.
- Membership fees shall be set by the Executive Team. The Executive Team may create different categories of membership and variable levels of membership fees, if they so desire. Alterations to the categories of membership or the schedule shall be decided by the Executive Team.
C. START, DURATION, AND END OF MEMBERSHIP
- Membership starts on the date the membership fee has been received by AVA for either one year from payment date or on a month-to-month basis, as indicated in the subscription by the member.
- Membership ends either one year after payment has been received if a yearly subscription has been chosen, or upon cancellation by member if a monthly subscription has been chosen.
- Should the member cancel their yearly subscription prior to the full year of completion, all benefits of AVA shall remain until their membership reaches the start date of their membership payment, one year later. End of membership, either at the end of the membership period or by intermediate termination does not constitute any right of reimbursement of membership fees.
- Should the member cancel their monthly subscription, all benefits of AVA are immediately terminated upon cancellation date. End of membership, either at the end of the membership period or by intermediate termination does not constitute any right of reimbursement of membership fees.
- The yearly and monthly membership also ends if the membership period has ended and the member has not renewed membership.
- In case membership fees due are not paid, AVA has the right to terminate the membership of the member involved.
- In case a member deploys activities that may harm the interests of the AVA significantly, or in case a member acts in a way that in severe contradiction with AVA’s aims and nature, AVA withholds the right to end the membership of the member involved.
- Both individual and organizational members shall have the right to participate in webinars, activities, and certifications of AVA, subject to the rules established by the Executive Board. In addition, individual members shall have the right to:
- Submit announcements via AVA’s social media or slack channel with prior approval from the Chief Officer of Engagement (email@example.com),
- Display their AVA member logo on their personal webpage or social media accounts,
- Have their logo, headshot, and any other business information displayed on AVA’s Virtual Assistant directory.