Branding Your Virtual Assistant Business: Can it Wait?
Branding your virtual assistant business can’t wait. Spending money to brand your VA business can wait!
Your personal branding can’t wait. You have to start somewhere to see what works for your business and what doesn’t. The longer you wait to make a bold statement about your personal brand the longer you have to wait to find out if your personal brand message attracts and converts those you want to work with into clients. Note we said the clients you want to work with.
If you are attracting clients you don’t enjoy working with – clients who don’t value your services and clients that ask you to perform work you don’t enjoy – your brand message is wrong.
There is no shortage of people and companies in need of a virtual assistant. If you haven’t been able to secure clients it’s usually for two reasons:
- You haven’t specifically decided who you want to work with.
- Your brand message isn’t attractive to your ideal clients.
If this is you, don’t spend money on your personal branding yet! Instead, keep testing your brand message. It’s a costly VA mistake to spend money on branding until you are absolutely positive that your message is converting people you want to work with into clients. You won’t get a return on your investment by doing this.
Don’t compare your business to a national or big name brand. Absolutely dream it if that’s what you want to achieve in business but don’t compare yourself to them. There was once a time when people didn’t recognize the Golden Arches or the Starbucks symbol. Comparing your VA business to any business that has existed for decades isn’t fair to you or your business.
Instead, start where those companies, or any company you desire did – getting feedback from clients you want to have and those who are willing to pay you. Don’t rely on a logo.
Ways to test your brand message:
- Come up with a brand message and ask for feedback. This is a simple and yet very effective way to know what resonates with those you wish to work with.
- Send a personal email and possibly offer a free gift or service to get more feedback.
- Post a poll on LinkedIn or wherever your ideal clients hangout online and see what comes back. You’ll be surprised by the results!
- Ask your peers in the AVA. This is one of the benefits our members most appreciate – getting feedback in real time.
How do you know if it’s time to spend money on your personal branding?
If you are regularly attracting your ideal clients and they are paying you then you know how to brand properly and get the return on your investment!
Now it’s time to:
- Have a logo created
- Build or rebrand your current website
- Begin trademarking your work and service offering(s)
- Spend money on marketing your brand
- Advertise to the right prospective clients
Your personal branding can’t wait but it doesn’t need to be hard on your budget. In fact, when your personal brand message is ready you won’t have a branding expense – you’ll have a branding investment!
To get the training, education, and support you need daily to have a powerful brand message for your virtual assistant business – join the AVA.
We see you. We hear you. We value you.